Industry standard VR solutions Mistika VR and Mocha Pro are re-launching the traditional December VR Challenge, an International Immersive Photo & Video contest open to the global VR Community.
“The idea of this initiative is to support and promote creatives and their inspiring work by providing them with professional tools that are giving back time to creative process,” shared Geoff Mills, Managing Director at SGO. “With Mistika VR, Mistika Boutique and Mocha Pro in the prize bucket, we are bringing powerful new options to the Creative Community for post-production and finishing of Immersive Content.”
“We’re excited to team up with SGO for the December VR challenge. The end of year holiday-themed contest is a great way to throw a spotlight on the ever-evolving world of 360º/VR filmmaking,” said Boris Yamnitsky, President & Founder, Boris FX, leading plug-in developer who supports the contest already for the second year by providing the licenses of Mocha Pro, the award-winning planar tracking plugin.
“Bring your creativity and get rewarded with Mocha Pro’s award-winning 360º-optimized planar tracking, masking, and object removal tools, Mistika Boutique’s Professional Immersive toolset and Mistika VR’s optimized stitch and stabilization workflow. Together, they’ll save you tons of time on 360º post and VFX,” added Yamnitsky.
Awesome prizes, worth more than €4,000!
- 1st Place: 1-year Mistika Boutique Professional Immersive Edition license & Mocha Pro 1-year Multi-Host subscription
- 2nd Place: 6-month Mistika VR Professional Edition license & Mocha Pro 6-month Multi-Host subscription
- 3rd Place: 3-month Mistika VR Professional Edition license & Mocha Pro 3-month Multi-Host subscription
How to take part in the December VR Challenge?
The participation rules of the SGO and Boris FX Facebook contest are very simple:
- Share with us your unique immersive 360° or 180º December Experience either as a photo or video, reflecting the Holiday Spirit. The entry should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 8th January 2020 with “Mistika VR & Mocha Pro December VR Challenge” in the email subject. To qualify each piece must be accompanied by the footage title and authors credits.
- We will upload your entry onto SGO’s Facebook page.
- Get as many likes as possible! Share your video among your friends as judging will be by the audience on Facebook and the likes received will determine the winner. The three pieces that collect the highest number of likes win.
- The likes will be collected by 13th January 2020 at 5.00 pm Central European Time which is when we will officially close the competition. The winners of the Mistika VR & Mocha Pro December VR Challenge will be announced soon after closing.
- Important: Before applying please read carefully Terms and Conditions of the Mistika VR & Mocha Pro December VR Challenge 2019 attached below. Participation in the Mistika VR & Mocha Pro December Challenge 2019 implies total acceptance of the contest terms and conditions.
Please note that we take the right to disqualify any entry with inappropriate content or for which we suspect possible fraudulent behavior in order to protect other contestants!
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Mistika VR & Mocha Pro December VR Challenge 2019
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUBMISSION
- Only photos and videos in 360° and / or 180º format will be accepted. All other formats will be excluded.
- All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org accompanied by the footage title and authors credits.
- The deadline for submission is 8th January 2020. Entries received after this date will not be included in the competition.
- The number of “Likes” received will determine the winners and the competition closes on 13th January 2019 at 5.00pm Central European Time.
- Facebook will be the official social media platform for the competition.
The prizes for winners will be as follows:
1st Place: 1-year Mistika Boutique Professional Immersive Edition license & Mocha Pro 1-year Multi-Host subscription
2nd Place: 6-month Mistika VR Professional Edition license & Mocha Pro 6-month Multi-Host subscription
3rd Place: 3-month Mistika VR Professional Edition license & Mocha Pro 3-month Multi-Host subscription
- SGO will publish all entries on the official SGO Facebook page and under the news section of SGO website.
- The competition will be communicated through all SGO social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- SGO reserves the right to ban all videos or photos with inappropriate content and every potential fraudulent behavior by disqualifying the participant and its entry from the December VR Challenge.
- By sending the photos and videos to SGO the participants offer a guarantee that:
The videos and photos submitted are the original work of their authors and/or they are free to use all of the ideas, images or other elements therein and are the rightful owners of all rights of the 360º videos and photos submitted.
The participants yield to SGO, free of charge, on a non-exclusive basis, the right to show their 360º video or photo publicly on the SGO website and Facebook channel. SGO will show the participants material publicly providing the technical means necessary for uploading the content to the SGO’s promotional channel. SGO shall continue to enjoy the same rights as listed above when the competition ends except as otherwise authentically notified by the creator/creators of the corresponding material. All other intellectual property rights shall remain with the creators or owners of the 360º photos and videos.
SGO shall not be liable for any damages, losses, costs, complaints and the like that the participants might incur or sustain as a result of submitting their proposals.
The participants have the legal capacity and competence to take part in the present competition and that their participation does not infringe regulations of any kind.
LIABILITY AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Participation in the Mistika VR & Mocha Pro December Challenge implies the total acceptance of the competition’s current Terms and Conditions. Participants that submit footage to the Mistika VR & Mocha Pro December Challenge will be liable for its content. The content of submitted footage shall not violate any rights of third parties. SGO shall not be liable for any content in the submitted footage.
About SGO & Mistika Technology
SGO is a Spanish high-end technology company with decades of experience in developing and integrating high-end post-production solutions. Their award-winning Mistika Ultima post-production Hero Suite has achieved market notoriety for developing customized post tools and workflows for many of the industry leaders all around the world. Built on years of research, development and production experience, Mistika Technology empowers users with new levels of creative power, performance, and efficiency in HDR, UHD/4K, 8K, S3D and VR workflows. As part of its Multidimensional Workflow Concept, SGO has started to slice features and toolsets of its globally-acclaimed Hero Suite Mistika Ultima to address specific industry needs and develop advanced workflow applications, with Mistika VR being the first one. Recently released Mistika Boutique is a completely scalable, truly interactive and totally resolution independent full-finishing software solution for Windows and macOS, offered in a single application, exclusively available on a subscription basis through the SGO Shop. Currently in the Open Beta, Mistika Workflows is the next one to join. An all-new and affordable software solution, enables the creation of standard and user-defined media workflows without any knowledge about programming.
About Boris FX & Mocha Pro
Mocha Pro is the award-winning planar tracking software from Boris FX. Now optimized for mono and stereoscopic 360/VR tracking, masking, stabilization and object removal.