Home Forums Mistika Insight Installing/First launch

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  morningdecaf 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

morningdecaf
    Participant

Just installed mistika insight.License entered into Activation Tool. Login goes to splash screen & crashes to desktop from splash screen. Relaunch program. Same result. Reboot computer & relaunch program. same result. Check open firewall for sgoLicenseServer. Relaunch program. Same result. Uninstall Mistika with revo uninstaller pro, reboot computer, reinstall mistika, reboot computer, double check firewall. same result.

Crash report returns:
    Files that help describe the problem:
    C:UsersmarkAppDataLocalTempWERA469.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    C:UsersmarkAppDataLocalTempWERB01D.tmp.appcompat.txt
    C:UsersmarkAppDataLocalTempWERB07C.tmp.hdmp

Your input appreciated,

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Hermes Petterson
    Participant

Not sure if this will help because I’m on a Mac.  When I initially installed Mistika I used the activation tool to install my Insight license and then tried to launch Insight and it would tell me it couldn’t find my license. So I completely uninstalled Mistika and reinstalled, but this time I did not use the Activation tool I just launched Insight. On initial program startup a box popped up asking for my email address and activation code which I got online in my account. Once I entered all of that Insight launched normally.  My guess is maybe the Activation tool is not working correctly. This may or may not work for the windows version..  YMMV….

Pete

morningdecaf
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion.

Re-uninstalled & re-reinstalled.  License still active.  Uninstalled yet gain. Deactivated license.  Reboot & Re-installed one more time. Launching Mistika generated error code 3000(?) and spawned license activation dialog box. Reentered activation code. Same result. Login spawns splashscreen which crashes back to desktop.  Also, tried Offline Mode activation. Also, no soap.

mark

/mp

Rocío Del Pino
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Just installed mistika insight.License entered into Activation Tool. Login goes to splash screen & crashes to desktop from splash screen. Relaunch program. Same result. Reboot computer & relaunch program. same result. Check open firewall for sgoLicenseServer. Relaunch program. Same result. Uninstall Mistika with revo uninstaller pro, reboot computer, reinstall mistika, reboot computer, double check firewall. same result. Crash report returns: Files that help describe the problem: C:UsersmarkAppDataLocalTempWERA469.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml C:UsersmarkAppDataLocalTempWERB01D.tmp.appcompat.txt C:UsersmarkAppDataLocalTempWERB07C.tmp.hdmp Your input appreciated,

In this link you can find a solution to the problem launching Mistika, please let me know if it is works. In case not,  it could be related with the active license. Here you can check if your license is already or not activate. FYI a student license can be used in just one system at the same time. If you want remove it, and switch to other, you should use the SGO activation tool or the online mode.

SGO always recommend use the latest version. If you do not have it, find it in Downloads of the website.

I hope this helps!

.ro

ms
    Participant

all this reported activation issues reported here in the forum refer to the same “Fatal error: 30000. Check your license server for available licenses”. i would guess, that this issue is more related to some deficiencies in the actual license management implementation, but if someone has a better explanation, how this particular message should be interpreted, i would appreciate it.

dibis60
    Participant

I’m on Mac OS X 10.10.5 and having the same issue. I’m able to activate fine, but a few seconds after the splash screen, it crashes. I tried changing a bunch of settings in the config app but that did not help. I can’t even get to the support page because it won’t let me create an account. I’m using a Quadro 4000

morningdecaf
    Participant

Following instructions Rocío Del Pino linked to above solved problem.  Small modification to an XML file. Directions were a bit fuzzy but I eventually worked it out. Hope you’re successful.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.