Home Forums Mistika Insight license server error

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ms 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

mash
    Participant

i just installed mistika insight, but i get the error message “Fatal error: 30000. Check your license server for available licenses”, although the activation for this product is visible in the activation tool.

maybe the license manger doesn’t like the fact, that i’m trying to run the application in a virtual machine (linux kvm) with GPU passtrough…

lm_error

Attachments:
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Javier Moreno

Hello,  this is because the license server does not support virtual machines.

But you could try one thing:

– Install Mistika Insight in a windows system (not virtual) and activate a license for it. Just check that mistika is working on it and close it.  From now this system will only be the license server.

– Now in the virtual machine, create this environment variable:

SGO_ELMHOST  ip_of_the_license_server

Open Mistika and it should work on it

However , please note that using virtual machines is an unsupported procedure.   Tht means that if it does not work we can not rise a bug fix request to developers, but it will probably work.

Please let us know if it works, it can be useful for other users…

Cheers,

Javier

mash
    Participant

Hello, this is because the license server does not support virtual machines. But you could try one thing:

– Install Mistika Insight in a windows system (not virtual) and activate a license for it…

Please let us know if it works, it can be useful for other users… Cheers, Javier

thanks for this really profound reply! With pleasure i would like to try this workaround and report success, but unfortunately i’m using only linux on all my machines. i don’t even have a dual boot system available for testing. a virtual windows instance is the only relict from these foreign world, because i had to utilize it for daily work in davinci resolve over the last few years…

it’s really a pity, that my interest and curiosity in mistika gets stopped again by this kind of obstacles resp. system requirements.

i know, mistika insight was always thought for another audience by minimizing the entry threshold and maintenance hindrances for trainees working on those more common operating systems — and that makes indeed a lot of sense! –, but it would be really nice, if sgo could offer equal/similar access to linux users as well.

Javier Moreno

Well, if you are using Resolve for professional production then it could make more sense to opt for an evaluation version of Mistika Ultima on linux, rather than using Mistika Insight.

Basically, and “evaluation” would mean to use the full Mistika Ultima linux package at no cost for a limited period of time, with the conditions  to not use it for profitable production and that  the product is evaluated with the proper resources.

If that suites your needs please let us know, and we will pass an evaluation request to the sales team ( don’t worry , they are good people and I am sure they will find a good formula for you)

Cheers,

Javier

mash
    Participant

Well, if you are using Resolve for professional production then it could make more sense to opt for an evaluation version of Mistika Ultima on linux, rather than using Mistika Insight.

yes — that’s always a very problematic issue concerning limited training and demo versions of products.

on one hand i’m indeed working “professional”, or at least as good as i’m able to do, but on the other hand it’s mostly related to “non-profit” projects and institutions. others would more emphasize their desire, to use the same professional tools, which they learned to handle for vocational use in production facilities, even in private and more or less unprofitable contexts…

Basically, an “evaluation” would mean to use the full Mistika Ultima linux package at no cost for a limited period of time, with the conditions to not use it for profitable production and that the product is evaluated with the proper resources. If that suites your needs please let us know, and we will pass an evaluation request to the sales team ( don’t worry , they are good people and I am sure they will find a good formula for you) Cheers, Javier

i think, i could promise to respect this strict “non-profit” restrictions, and i would be very glad, if you could arrange/mediate such an interim solution for my specific case.

but i also want to express my willingness, to help in any form of mistika insight linux beta-testing, sharing experiences with other other users here in the forum, or whatever else is possible for an ordinary volunteer to strengthen the affected community.

ms
    Participant

Please let us know if it works, it can be useful for other users…

although i couldn’t figure out a workaround for my particular issue, i have to report another close related nasty bug:

if you are using e-mail addresses including a ‘+’-sign in the username, as it’s a common practice for spam protection, the SGO Activation Tool will reject attempts to add an activation, even if the affected address was used for sign on in the shop system and all related communication. changing the address in the shop system also doesn’t work, it just makes the subscribed downloads and activations invisible to the user in the shop interface, but it doesn’t fix this issue. it’s affecting Mistika Insight just the same as the activation tool of Mistika Ultima.

Bildschirmfoto_2017-08-15_15-05-06

Attachments:

ms
    Participant

Hello, this is because the license server does not support virtual machines. But you could try one thing: – Install Mistika Insight in a windows system (not virtual) and activate a license for it. Just check that mistika is working on it and close it. From now this system will only be the license server. – Now in the virtual machine, create this environment variable: SGO_ELMHOST ip_of_the_license_server Open Mistika and it should work on it However , please note that using virtual machines is an unsupported procedure.

in the meanwhile i have studied most of the infos about your licensing system, its physical network device requirements and use of a remote licensing server for floating licences, but for two related questions i couldn’t figure out an answer:

1. will this remote licensing server access work also across os boundaries (= using a linux license server for a [virtual] windows instance of mistika  insight)?

2. is there a sufficient recent linux package including the license server resp. activation tool somewhere downloadable on your servers?

thanks.

ms
    Participant

i finally could figure out a workaround for this issue, utilizing a docker container on the linux virtualization host running the SGO license server — this approach works! 🙂

you can find the necessary source code and instructions to utilize the ready made containers on GitLab:

https://gitlab.com/mash-graz/sgo-license-container

I hope, the repacking of the SGO license server binaries and public availability of the container doesn’t infringe SGOs EULA.

maybe it’s useful for other affected users as well.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.