Home Forums Mistika Insight Webinars Mistika Insight Webinar 03 – Direct Editing

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pakhowell 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

pakhowell
    Keymaster

Hi All,

In today’s webinar, we will see what defines a mistika clip what is the information that we can see in a Mistika Timeline and how it relates to the actions that we perform in the timeline. We will see how we can use the calculator, how we can create split clips, join clips, trim and group clips so you can have a tidier timeline.

The link to the recorder webinar is here:

https://vimeo.com/215865188

There’s a second part of the webinar where we cover a few elements of the color grading node.

Thanks for your attention, any questions or doubts please write them here and I will follow up.

Cheers,

Paco.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

pakhowell
    Keymaster

Ibiza_digital
    Participant

Hi Paco,

Operating on the edit window  trying to perform direct edits is, at the moment, very difficult on the mac OS version. More details on the Bugs forum.

Best,

Fernando

adriacillero
    Participant

Hi Paco,
    Thanks for the third webinar, great again.
    All the direct editing features you told us, seems to work properly in my PC.
    I’d like to comment one thing. Seems that my Insight is not able to retain the interfice settings. I meant, every time I open Mistika and a project, I must go to the setup tab and set up everything again. Same the scoops and everything, you must to reposition them each time. That’s not seriou, but can be a little bit annoying.

One more thing Paco. About the second webinar.
    When we do a key selection, we can choose the source of the selection, but the correction itself, I assume, is always over the previous layer.

Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice weekend.
    Adrià

1 user thanked author for this post.

pakhowell
    Keymaster

Hi Paco, Thanks for the third webinar, great again. All the direct editing features you told us, seems to work properly in my PC. I’d like to comment one thing. Seems that my Insight is not able to retain the interfice settings. I meant, every time I open Mistika and a project, I must go to the setup tab and set up everything again. Same the scoops and everything, you must to reposition them each time.

Did you create a user for your Mistika Insight? It should retain the information. Try deleting the user and creating a new one. Open Mistikam, set up everything as you which and close and open Mistika again.

Let me know if it works. If not please tell me the details of your system so I can try to replicate that here.

One more thing Paco. About the second webinar. When we do a key selection, we can choose the source of the selection, but the correction itself, I assume, is always over the previous layer. Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice weekend. Adrià

I will answer this in the corresponding webinar thread.

Cheers,

Paco.

adriacillero
    Participant

I think I was doing somthing wrong. I’ve created a new user and I works now. Thanks.
    Cheers,
    Adrià

Ibiza_digital
    Participant

Hi Paco,

When I ungroup the group resulting from dropping the WEBINAR.rnd file on the time-space, I get an additional element on the stack that runs across the whole of the stack. The name of it is “Edit_15_Seconds” A1. That is the audio Right?

Best,

Fernando

pakhowell
    Keymaster

Hi Fernando,

Yes, will have all the information used to create that Render. It is a very good tool in case you have to recover some work. In your case, you did the render with the audio file. So Mistika, even if you didn’t render the audio, will save in the render script all the information from the section rendered.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.