Home Forums Mistika Insight Webinars Mistika Insight Webinar 04 – Scribe & Timeline Organization

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  stepa.kozlov 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

pakhowell
    Keymaster

Hello Everybody,

Hope you are ready for another Mistika Insight Webinar. In this webinar, we will have a look at the Scribe functionality in Mistika. We will see how we can execute editing commands and summon FX to the timeline with gestures that we will do with the pen or mouse. We will see how this can speed up tasks in the timeline and actually make an impact on a client when you start using them.

In a second part of the Webinar, I will take care of a question that Stepan Kozlov made in the thread of The Color Node Webinar, Webinar number 2. Stepan asked how could he organize the timeline in Mistika with a lut, or in his particular case with the unicolour effect and how does that affect the user experience and the navigation in the Visual Editor. Although I answered his question in the corresponding thread, we will have a look into this with a little more detail.

See you in the webinar.

Cheers,

Paco.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies

pakhowell
    Keymaster

Hi Everybody,

I’m posting here exercise files for you to download and follow the webinar. I will explain what to do.

Here are the files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Ls8d2LESQPdmZFWlhFcW9nc3c

Here you have the recorded webinar session:

Please remember to add clips to your gang click on the clips you want to add to the gang with ctrl+shit+left click in the storyboard

Cheers,

Paco

pakhowell
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

Just one comment regarding the webinar. To add clips in a Gang for grading and Propagate Purposes is: Ctrl+Shift+Click over the Storyboard to make selection.

Sorry for that I completely had a memory lapse there.

Thanks for your patience,

Paco.

Hermes Petterson
    Participant

Hi Paco

I love the new webinar. It’s just to hard to follow because the audio is not in sync with the video.

Thanks

Pete

1 user thanked author for this post.

stepa.kozlov
    Participant

Hello Paco

Thanks for the webinar and for addressing my earlier questions! I managed to work all that out and feel quite comfortable grading under a transform in mistika (doesn’t feel to different from resolve which is what i’m most used to). I have a problem with clip gangs though. I might just be missing something but my mistika insight doesn’t have any of the gang menus under the viewer like yours does. This is the same both in single and dual monitor setup. Attaching a still to show this. Sorry in advance if this is just me being thick. This is new software after all so I might just forgot to click a button somewhere for it to come up!

All the best

Stepan

Attachments:

pakhowell
    Keymaster

Something definitely went wrong during the transcode. Let me sort it out. I’ll post it here when fixed.

Cheers,

Paco.

adriacillero
    Participant

Hi Paco,
    Tanks very much for the webinar.
    Like Stepan, I have no gang, bring and shuttle controls, in edite mode and I’ve noticed that when I shift+control+ left click in the storyboard, the Mistika hungs up every time.

Thanks again for your help.
    Adrià

Attachments:

pakhowell
    Keymaster

Hello Paco Thanks for the webinar and for addressing my earlier questions! I managed to work all that out and feel quite comfortable grading under a transform in mistika (doesn’t feel to different from resolve which is what i’m most used to). I have a problem with clip gangs though. I might just be missing something but my mistika insight doesn’t have any of the gang menus under the viewer like yours does. This is the same both in single and dual monitor setup. Attaching a still to show this. Sorry in advance if this is just me being thick. This is new software after all so I might just forgot to click a button somewhere for it to come up! All the best Stepan

Hi Paco, Tanks very much for the webinar. Like Stepan, I have no gang, bring and shuttle controls, in edite mode and I’ve noticed that when I shift+control+ left click in the storyboard, the Mistika hungs up every time. Thanks again for your help. Adrià

Hi Stepan & Adriá,

I’m having a look into this issue as well. It’s not a configuration issue.

Cheers,

Paco.

pakhowell
    Keymaster

Hi Pete,

I’m Currently replacing the file. Hope this works better now.

Cheers,

Paco

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ibiza_digital
    Participant

Hi Paco,

I was unable to relink any of the clips in the “Scribe_Effects. env” or “Scribe_Timeline.env” files.

I figured out that it was because I replaced the .mxf files with .mov files. So I opened both .env files in TexEdit (I’m on a mac) and replaced all the calls for the .mxf files with their corresponding .mov files and everything went smooth.

Cheers,

Fernando

stepa.kozlov
    Participant

Hi Paco, I was unable to relink any of the clips in the “Scribe_Effects. env” or “Scribe_Timeline.env” files. I figured out that it was because I replaced the .mxf files with .mov files. So I opened both .env files in TexEdit (I’m on a mac) and replaced all the calls for the .mxf files with their corresponding .mov files and everything went smooth. Cheers, Fernando

Do you happen to have the gang capability in your Mistika Insight?

Ibiza_digital
    Participant

@stepa.kolzov

I’m only half way trhu The webinar.

I’ll ley you know when I get there.

Ibiza_digital
    Participant

@stepa.kolzov

Hi, no gang capabilities on the mac version, no timeline shuttle either.

Rocío Del Pino
    Keymaster

Hi Paco, I was unable to relink any of the clips in the “Scribe_Effects. env” or “Scribe_Timeline.env” files. I figured out that it was because I replaced the .mxf files with .mov files. So I opened both .env files in TexEdit (I’m on a mac) and replaced all the calls for the .mxf files with their corresponding .mov files and everything went smooth. Cheers, Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the feedback. That’s a known issue and it already is fixed to the release version that is in internal testing right now. Anyway,  your workaround is awesome 😉 Thanks for sharing it. It’s many appreciated.

Cheers,

.ro

Rocío Del Pino
    Keymaster

@stepa.kolzov Hi, no gang capabilities on the mac version, no timeline shuttle either.

Hi Ibiza_digital,

All features you comment will be included in the next version 🙂 Apologies for the inconveniences!

Cheers,

.ro

stepa.kozlov
    Participant

@stepa.kolzov Hi, no gang capabilities on the mac version, no timeline shuttle either.

Hi Ibiza_digital, All features you comment will be included in the next version 🙂 Apologies for the inconveniences! Cheers, .ro

Hello!

Good news! Thank you! Meanwhile thanks for the great software

All the best

Stepan

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.