Home Forums Mistika VR Rendering in the Correct Quality

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Varley 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

immersionninja
    Participant

Hi All,

This may seem a touch basic but I’m trying to get the best quality I can from my stitch (2 Kodak Pix Pros).

The 2 files I am stitching are 1.86gb.mp4, I’m then rendering using mp4 and .h264 and the file size is 329mb. I would expect a final file size of 2×1.86gb no?

How can I ensure I’m getting every pixel recorded on the output?

thanks,

Pete

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Roman Dudek

Hi, there is no exact rule for the output file size as different codecs have different efficiency, byt yes, basc rule of thumb is that the result should be similar size as the sum of input files, or a bit less as the input file images overlap partially.

To get larger output files, Increase the bitrate, in the “config” button next to the Codec field. If iy is 10000 by default, for example, increase it to 50000 to get app. 5x larger file, with better image quality.

Cheers, Roman

Nick Varley
    Participant

Hi Roman,

I find that mp4 exports look pixelated no matter how high I set the bitrate.  Even ProRes exports have visible banding and color distortion.  The only render setting that looks really good is NVidia MP4 lossless but the file sizes are huge.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.