Home Forums Mistika Insight Tutorials Timeline Elements – The Clip

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ms 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

pakhowell
    Keymaster

Hi there,

From this video forwards we will start to make small informative video of really specific aspects of Mistika. One feedback we had from the webinars was that although webinars were informative, the hour-long format made it difficult to revisit looking for something specific. To help, we decided to create short form educational videos. We will be adding more as we go along.

Today’s video is about the most important element for every video production: The Video Clip. We will see what makes a Video Clip in Mistika, how can we read its attributes, we will interactively modify the attributes and we will learn what is the Active Frame. This feature will be of huge importance when we start learning about different editing options in Mistika. Hope you enjoy and stay tuned for more videos in the following weeks. If you have comments or questions feel free to drop a line here or in the Mistika Users page on Facebook. I will happily answer any question you might have.

Thanks for your attention. Learn & Enjoy Mistika.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

ms
    Participant

One feedback we had from the webinars was that although webinars were informative, the hour-long format made it difficult to revisit looking for something specific. To help, we decided to create short form educational videos. We will be adding more as we go along.

yes — that’s  a very reasonable approach to improve the available documentation in more specific and easier searchable  way.

but i still have to express my most profound thanks for all the huge tutorial you made already! when i watched them, before i had actual access to mistika insight, i somehow felt a little bit bored cause of their duration, but now, where i’m really able to play around myself in mistika, i really learned to appreciate their comprehensiveness. so i finally watched them from first to last and grasped an incredible amount of new insights.

and as some kind of user feedback and personal interest:

please could you tell us little bit more about extensibility and openness of mistika (OpenFX, custom GLSL shaders, GUI access to custom scripts and workflow automation, file exchange with mistika VR and mamba, ffmpeg-readers/writers extensibility available in the commercial products) in one of your next episodes?

sure, this kind of topic maybe seen beyond the scope of  introductory guides, but it’s IMHO one of the aspects, where mistika really seems to shine and offers quite unique capabilities. i have never seen a professional closed source solution before, which takes advantage of opennesses and permits more ore less transparent access to internal data and workflow in a similar consequent manner. that’s really one of the most valuable qualities of your products, and i think, this should be also communicated in your tutorials, as far as it is possible and compatible with the limitations and intended goals of a training edition.

pakhowell
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for your kind words ms. I really appreciate them. I think it’s a really good idea to talk about the different options in Mistika to import third party elements. Will definitly have a thought about how to do them after IBC.

Cheers,

Paco.

ms
    Participant

thanks for this very promising reaction! i’m looking forward full of curiosity. 🙂

good luck at IBC!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.