We are happy to Release the new version of Mistika VR 8.8.5 to all Mistika VR customers.
The latest Mistika VR version is already available free of charge to all existing customers. You can Download it from your downloads page https://www.sgo.es/my-account/downloads
Your license should support this new feature, as all existing customer licenses have been upgraded, but if you can not see the functionality, please, contact support at support.sgo.es
What is coming in this new version 8.8.5 from beta version:
- Stabilization now has the “Prioritize Front” option. This allows the user to hint the system which direction of view is important, and stabilize it more precisely at cost of the opposite (back) direction. Also, improves on shots where back direction is best ignored because it contains something not intended to be stabilized, like the person hand carrying the rig, for example. Also, stabilization is now robust to large changes in the pole regions, especially common with drone shots.
- Shot now can be selected by simple mouse click in the storyboard shots list). No Shift+click required anymore.
- Preset added for the iZugar Z6X3D-C rig
- Preset for ZCamS1Pro_2880X2880 updated to enable stereoscopy
- Application added for renaming KanDao time-lapse shots so they can be imported by MistikaVR as image sequences
- Projects and renders now can be stored in folders containing square [ ] and round ( ) brackets
- KanDao movies with 1900×1500 resolution produced green border on their right margin, now fixed
- Undo for Delete and Duplicate shots now works correctly
- The top menu bar entries were updated to match the options available form the option pulldowns and contextual menus in other parts of the GUI
- Drag&Drop of multiple movies now sorts the cameras alphabetically to assure the cameras order is the expected one
- .pts files import crash fixed when shapes were used in PTGui
- By default, ProRes encode now uses all CPU cores available, instead of being fixed at 8 cores.
- Now, if frame rate is changed with Mistika VR GUI already open, the change will be applied to the renders, without need to exit and enter.
- Now, if you select another project with MistikaVR already open, the file browser will change to showing the files of the selected project.
- Autosave now works with Cyrillic characters in the file name
- If importing twice from PtGui, the file browser path were wrong on the second import
- Render to Prores 444+alpha did produce empty movies
- The autosave timelines now use the .vrenv extension so they can be easily loaded
What is coming in this beta version:
- Detu F4 Plus
- Panasonic GH5 x2 with Entanyia 250 lens
New Features / Improvements
- New “Stabilize” pulldown menu containing the new stabilization features.
- “One Click” Stabilization.
- “Stabilization->Follow Overall Heading” toggle.
- “Stabilization->Follow heading after x frames”.
- Re-apply stabilization.
- Edge Points menu options are now in an independent pulldown.
- Storyboard Clone Shot. Use right mouse click over an icon to access the “Clone Shot” option. The chosen shot will be duplicated, allowing mainly to experiment with multiple versions of the same shot.
- VR 180 support.
- SBS VR180 Stereo visualization mode added to the visualization pulldown.
- Left/Right VR180 Stereo render mode added in the Render->Stereo pulldown.
fix-1395 Error rendering to MP4 in batch with audio in movie.
fix-1527 File Naming issues with cyrillic types.
fix-1550 In&Out render marks were lost if importing a preset after setting these.
fix-1440 Impossible to see the project structure when it is changed.
fix-1555 WORK path lost after upgrading versions.
Aditional info about the version:
The Stabilization is the main new feature and the reason of this version. There is whole new “Stabilize” pulldown for this functionality set, next to the “Positions” pulldown. The Stabilize pulldown contains following entries:
Stabilize: this is the one-click command. It will:
- Bake in the Output camera setting to clear it for placing the stabilization information.
- Scan the range defined by the time marks for overall scene movement.
- Apply the stabilization according to the “follow” setting.
“Follow Overall Heading” toggle: If it is checked, the stabilization will only try to compensate the camera shake, but respect the overall heading of the rig, so the camera 1 will stay generally centered. This allows stabilizing the camera moving in a curved route, like a car driving around. If the toggle is unchecked, the stabilization will try to keep the view as steady as possible, however, it can get confused by one side of the scene advancing while other not, making the scene gradually roll or tilt.
“Follow heading after x frames”: This is the number of frames the stabilization will settle on a new camera heading. Low number means swifter following, but possibly less smooth results. Large number means slower time of reorientation.
“Re-apply stabilize”: This will re-apply instantly the last stabilize using new setting for the “follow” toggle and value, without a need of a rescan.
To reset the stabilization, in the output tab, use the “Reset all values” option.
How to use The Stabilization:
Set the render marks to delimit the stabilization time range. Then, level the horizon approximately on a frame representative of the range to stabilize, so the stabilizer gets a reasonably leveled horizon to start with. Run the Stabilize command, and after, level the horizon again, it will be applied on top of the stabilization.
During the Stabilization scan, it may be a good idea to switch off the Optical Flow parameter toggle. Normally It would likely make little difference and would slow down the scan. Stabilization should be normally run after aligning your scene and matching the colors.
This functionality will not be included in the Evaluation Version until the final release is done.
- 1583 Crash if a preset is drag & dropped twice
- 1572 Refresh issue after stabilizing a sequence
- 1534 Time bar right click works frequently on second try only
- 1581 Crash when importing more than 32 cameras
- 1592 Autosave could crash MistikaVR. This may explain some crashes during longer renders, or when MistikaVR was left unused for a while.
- 1582 Now the path is correct when you save sequence for the first time
- 1534 Set dragged flag only in drag event.
- 1581 Fix to compile ReorderKandao on OSX
- Max number of cameras increased to 64
- OZO preset updated: more precise lens distortion, cleaner back seam in stereo.
- iZugar Z4XL preset added.
- ZCam K1Pro preset added.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.